Most students who struggle to take a self-reliant approach to studying at sixth form find themselves overwhelmed, stressed and rapidly losing confidence.
Sixth formers will be challenged to move themselves out of their comfort zone of ‘spoon-fed’ learning to the sort of independent and inter-dependent learning that should characterise A Level, BTec, International Baccalaureate and University.
2 hours with us could make a massive difference!
• Become self-starters and adopt an independent work ethic
• Develop effective time management and prioritisation skills
• Develop self-efficacy and ‘growth mindset’ qualities
• Build confidence and team spirit through peer learning
• Learn the world’s best methods of summarising and note-taking
• Syllabus Mapping
• Memory masterclass
• Bring revision into the 21st century
• Independent learning skills = life skills
• Suitable for Y12 or 13
• Can be delivered at any time of the academic year, although Autumn and Spring terms are most popular
• Typically 2hr 30mins repeated during a school day
Very useful, I will definitely explore the note taking system in more detail. The guest speakers were very approachable and put us at ease. I learnt some very useful memory techniques that I wish I knew last year!
Right on the money. This is exactly what our sixth formers needed to learn. I loved the session on the Cornell note taking system, I will use this myself. This course was so relevant to our students, particularly those studying advanced level subjects.