Sixth form is a very demanding time. Students who fail to take a self-reliant approach to study often find themselves overwhelmed, stressed and rapidly losing confidence.
Our programme provides a toolbox that will help your students to manage themselves and study in an efficient, effective way.
A couple of hours of learning how to work independently with us has the potential to make a massive difference!
• Becoming self-starters and adopting an independent work ethic
• Managing time = managing stress
• Developing ‘self-efficacy’ and ‘growth mindset’ qualities
• Building confidence and team spirit through peer learning
• Learning the world’s best methods of summarising and note-taking
• Syllabus Mapping – knowing the territory
• Memory masterclass / retrieval practice / active revision
• Bringing revision into the 21st century
• Independent learning skills = life skills
• Suitable for Y12 or 13
• Can be delivered at any time of the academic year, although Autumn and Spring terms are most popular
• Typically 120 min repeated workshop during a school day
Very useful, I will definitely explore the note taking system in more detail. The guest speakers were very approachable and put us at ease. I learnt some very useful memory techniques that I wish I knew last year!
Right on the money. This is exactly what our sixth formers needed to learn. I loved the session on the Cornell note taking system, I will use this myself. This course was so relevant to our students, particularly those studying advanced level subjects.