Our STEM Engineering Workshop introduces the basics of engineering and includes some robotics. We don’t aim to transform students into skilled engineers; what we aim to do is make engineering an accessible and exciting career choice for everyone.
This workshop can be delivered as a full day, half day repeated, or carousel, utilising multiple classrooms. Most of the workshop involve practical activities as ‘doing’ is often the best way learn.
We like to dispel the misconception that engineering is a career that is exclusive for men and show many examples of female engineers. With such rapid technological changes taking place, it is sobering to reflect that students who pursue a career in engineering will be studying for technologies that probably don’t yet exist!
STEM – Engineering is a fun and energetic workshop that is suitable for all students.
We can accommodate full year group delivery providing your school has a sufficiently large venue.
• Develop team working and problem solving skills
• Learn about engineering and the role of an engineer
• Gain a better understanding of how many opportunities there are in engineering
• Learn that engineering is not a career exclusive to men
• Learn and understand the importance of the engineering process
• Have a thoroughly enjoyable experience in your school
• Take part in some fun, competitive activities
• We’ll provide all printed materials
• We’ll provide staff to lead the event
• We’ll provide all resources required to run the event
• We’ll provide prizes and goodies to make the event memorable
Your school will receive a comprehensive evaluation of the learning experience, based on student and staff feedback.
I remember ‘Plan, Do, Review’. This was fun day, I liked the variety. I didn’t think I would enjoy this day but it was actually really interesting.
Good insight into engineering. Our students seemed to really enjoy the day. Lots of content delivered in a fun way. I liked the resources and that they were not sat in the chairs all day. Some surprises where students that are normally difficult to engage, really got stuck in.