Our STEM Structures workshop looks at the role of a structural engineer.
Through history we have been introduced to magnificent examples of structural engineering. We take students back in time and then back to the future, identifying the learning from our forefathers. We look at how forces and structures play such a significant role in our day to day lives.
This fun and energetic workshop is full of ‘doing’ and suitable for all students!’
Lots of short activities illustrating different engineering principles and processes.
This event can be delivered as a full day, half day repeated or carousel, utilising multiple classrooms.
We can accommodate full year group delivery providing your school has a sufficiently large venue.
• Develop team working and problem solving skills
• Learn about engineering and the role of an engineer
• Gain a better understanding of how many opportunities there are in engineering
• Learn that engineering is not a career exclusive to men
• Learn and understand the importance of the engineering process
• Have a thoroughly enjoyable experience in your school
• Take part in some fun, competitive activities
• We’ll provide all printed materials
• We’ll provide staff to lead the event
• We’ll provide all of resources required to run the event
• We’ll provide prizes and goodies to make the event memorable
Your school will receive a comprehensive evaluation of the learning experience, based on student and staff feedback.
Very good fun. Nick was very funny! So, structures are really important as we found out when our creation collapsed into an epic fail but we redeemed ourselves with mark II. It’s amazing what you can achieve with knowledge of structures and limited resources.
I learnt a lot from today. Nick was very knowledgeable and the kids really liked his laid-back approachable style. I don’t think the students appreciated the significance of structures and structural engineering, I think they may observer the world around them in a slightly different light now.